Application of the Guarantee
The Frogskin guarantee applies when:
- All surface preparation and product application instructions for the Frogskin roof paint have been followed in full;
- The complete roof treatment, preparation and protection system as recommended by Flash Harry has been applied properly;
- Two coats of Frogskin roof paint have been applied totalling a dry film thickness of 80 microns or more;
- Conditions relating to the below mentioned extent and duration of the guarantee must be adhered to; and
- The consumer has registered this guarantee (regardless of the purchase price) at Flash Harry, within a period of 60 days from date of purchase.
Product Instructions (also found on the back of the can)
- Cleaning of Surfaces
- Remove all dust, dirt, loose and flaking material or any other barrier to adhesion from the surface on which the product will be applied; and
- All services must be dry, clean and free of oil for the product to be successfully applied.
- Priming of Surfaces
- Priming of Iron Roofs
- New iron surfaces need to be fully degreased and cleaned, removing all traces of oil, dirt, dust or other contaminants or materials.
- Prime the entire surface with Flash Harry Galvanized Iron Primer.
- Rusted surfaces need to be abraded back to a bright metal surface, free of rust and then primed with Flash Harry Galvanized Iron Primer.
- Previously painted iron roofs should be cleaned with a high pressure water jet, removing all loose and flaking paint and left to dry and then primed with Flash Harry Galvanized Iron Primer.
- Priming of Tiled Roofs
- After proper cleaning, all porous and granular surfaces should be sealed with Flash Harry Stormcryl Primer.
- Previously painted tiled roofs should be cleaned with a high pressure water jet, removing all loose and flaking paint and left to dry and then primed with Flash Harry Stormcryl Primer.
- Coating of Surfaces
- Application with brush, roller or airless spray.
- Stir contents thoroughly using a flat paddle.
- Apply the first undiluted coat at a rate of 8m2 /L and allow a minimum of 6 hours to dry.
- Apply the second undiluted coat at a rate of 8m2/L and allow a minimum of 6 hours to dry
- Clean with water.
- Do not apply Frogskin roof paint if rain is imminent as any rainfall or water will adversely affect the cohesive or bonding nature of the product during the time period required for drying of the product.
- Do not dilute Frogskin roof paint in any manner whatsoever.
- Frogskin roof paint will be resistant to light rain after 6 hours.
- Curing and bonding time depends on humidity and ambient temperature.
- During winter months do not apply Frogskin roof paint early in the morning when dew and frost may be present. Do not continue to apply in the late afternoon as temperatures begin to fall, especially on iron roof applications as this will have a negative effect on the adhesive or bonding nature of the product
- During the summer months do not apply Frogskin roof paint during mid-day hours when surface temperatures exceed 50oc, as this will also have a negative effect on the adhesive or bonding nature of the product.
- Do not use to overcoat bitumen waterproofing systems.
- Do not use for slate roof applications.
- Not recommended or suitable for flat roof applications.
- Raw fibre-cement surfaces should be properly cleaned and then primed with Flash Harry Stormcryl Primer before this product is applied.
- To ensure colour consistency, ensure that all products used by the consumer share the same batch number.
Extent and duration of the Guarantee
- The Frogskin guarantee applies when the consumer has registered this guarantee at Flash Harry within a period of 60 days from date of purchase from an approved or recognised supplier, distributor or retailer and has fully and properly followed the terms and conditions of this guarantee;
- When the total purchase price of the paint purchased exceeds R12 000.00 (incl. VAT), the consumer must before applying the product, contact the Flash Harry Technical Helpline on 087 806-2400, followed by a confirmatory letter with full details of the site at which the product will be applied, full details of the person applying the product and such person’s contact details, to be e-mailed to info@darachem, alternatively to fax such letter to 011 892-1519, to arrange for a Flash Harry representative to visit the site, evaluate the project and issue specific instructions before any work is carried out. Failing to do this, will automatically disqualify and exclude the consumer from the guarantee.
The guarantee period begins from the date of purchase of the product and only if the consumer has registered the purchase of the product with Flash Harry within a period of 60 (sixty) days from date of purchase, bearing in mind that:
- In the event of a claim, the guarantee is not renewed or extended when the claim is settled (except in the case of a complete repaint);
- The guarantee only applies to genuine Flash Harry Frogskin products purchased and applied in South Africa from an approved or recognised supplier, distributor or retailer of the product; and
- If a change of ownership to the structure at which the product is applied occurs, notice must be given by e-mailing a letter to email@example.com, alternatively to fax such letter to 011 892-1519, providing details of change of ownership. The guarantee is only transferrable subject to the new owner accepting the terms and conditions thereof in writing and notifying Flash Harry thereof. Its duration does not start again, but continues only for the balance of the guarantee period remaining from date of purchase of the product.
Legal Responsibilty & Exclusion of Liability
Flash Harry pursues a policy for constant development and improvement and reserves the right to alter product specifications without prior notice.
Flash Harry does not accept liability for any damage that arises from elements outside of Flash Harry’s control. This exclusion from liability includes but is not limited to:
- Fair wear and tear from elements such as extreme weather, hail, dew, dust, grime, gaseous or particulate pollutants, acid rain, incorrect use or cleaning and exceptional fungal infestation; hydrostatic or electrolytic damage; welding or other forms of heating fire, explosions or radiation; mechanical or physical damage, collision or other accidents; vandalism, malicious damage or damage caused by industrial actions; acts of God;
- The failure of Frogskin roof paint occurring in areas difficult to paint or prepare properly as a result of their features or which then contributes or leads to product failure in other areas;
- Indirect or consequential damage to the consumer or any third party of any nature whatsoever;
- Damage resulting from any disturbance of the surface due to any other substance or conditions that adversely or detrimentally affect the product;
- Frogskin roof paint being applied in areas that are not recommended by Flash Harry such as:
- Slate roof applications; and
- Flat roof applications.
- Any and all modifications to the product, i.e. tinting, diluting, blending.
Flash Harry’s liability is limited solely to the replacement costs of the product purchased and applied which is scaled according to the time that has passed between the registration of the guarantee and the date of the claim, as follows:
First 12 months after registration
Total cost of product replacement
13 to 24 months after registration
90% of cost of product replacement
25 to 36 months after registration
77% of cost of product replacement
37 to 48 months after registration
65% of cost of product replacement
49 to 60 months after registration
52% of cost of product replacement
61 to 72 months after registration
40% of cost of product replacement
73 to 84 months after registration
27% of cost of product replacement
85 to 96 months after registration
15% of cost of product replacement
Replacement costs means the cost of the repair at the time of the claim. The consumer will be liable for any additional costs not covered by the Frogskin guarantee. Flash Harry does not accept any liability for any loss or damages suffered as a result of any delays in the completing of any repair or remedial work.
Repairs under Guarantee
In the event of the consumer qualifying for the Frogskin guarantee and submitting a successful and approved claim, Flash Harry will provide replacement paint and labour for any re-coating necessary to repair the paint failure, subject to:
- Claims being submitted to Flash Harry within 30 days of the paint failure occuring;
- The consumer supplies Flash Harry with full details of what is defective together with full details of the person who applied the product and such persons contact details as well as full reasons why Flash Harry should be held liable for such defect;
- The consumer allows a Flash Harry representative to inspect the relevant site and is allowed to conduct testing to determine the nature and extent of the damage and liability as well as the possible cause thereof; and
- All repair or remedial work is done in accordance with Flash Harry’s instructions and supervision.
How to Register your Guarantee
To qualify for and register your guarantee, simply complete the Frogskin Product Guarantee Registration Form annexed hereto and e-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively fax to 011 892-1519 within a period of 60 days from date of purchase of the product.
You will receive a Guarantee Reference Number that you should record and keep in a safe place, together with your purchase slip for future reference. This is very important as the consumer will need to quote this Guarantee Reference Number in the event of a claim.
IMPORTANT NOTICE — SHOULD ANY PROVISION OF THIS GUARANTEE BE IN CONFLICT WITH THE PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS ON THE FROGSKIN PRODUCT CAN, THE PROVISIONS OF THIS GUARANTEE WILL PREVAIL.